[[Note to community team: when you write the intro paragraph for this, include some flavor text about Mecha-Arthas, and maybe do some foreshadowing about an upcoming conflict with Vol’jin Prime.]]
New & Updated Features
New Zone: The Underneath
- Very strange things are happening in Duskwood, and it’s up to you to investigate the disappearance of a local boy.
- Team up with an all-star cast of heroes, including a mysterious girl, several of the boy’s friends, and the boy’s mother (as portrayed by the wonderfully talented Onona Windrider).
- The story plays out in eight chapters, which you can experience at your own pace, but we know you’re just going to binge them all weekend anyway.
Story and World
- Corrected an issue causing Dadgar’s name to incorrectly be presented as “Khadgar.”
- The Armies of Legionfall have been successful in their mission to defeat the Burning Legion. Azeroth is finally safe, from all enemies, forever. Now’s a good time to brush up on your general chat skills.
- To better express the core story of the Legion expansion, all World Quests will now include harpies shouting at you about whatever it is you’re doing.
- Increased the damage dealt by lava and similar environmental hazards to be juuuuust enough to kill you before you can jump out.
- Players must now have the achievement “Ahead of the Curve: Kil’jaeden” in order to zone… Continue reading
We’ve seen some confusion around the availability and timing of various aspects of the 7.2 patch, and we’d like to clarify our plans for releasing the remaining pieces of Patch 7.2’s content:
- Week 2 (next week): Legion Assaults begin, first PvP Brawl becomes available
- Week 3: Chapter 5 of the Class Order Hall campaign unlocks, which activates new followers, new Order Hall upgrades, and class-specific World Quests
- Weeks 4-11: Ongoing story pieces unlock, leading up to the eventual opening of the Tomb of Sargeras raid, and the ability to earn Class Mounts
Several of these pieces tie into the overarching story being told in 7.2: our return to the Broken Shore for vengeance, followed by the Legion’s response, and the eventual buildup toward the assault on the Tomb of Sargeras and Kil’jaeden himself. With the release of Patch 7.2, that series of events is set into motion, but they don’t all occur immediately. For example, the upcoming Legion Assaults are a direct response to our initial attack on the Broken Shore. Those assaults, in turn, prompt some of the later parts of the Order Hall campaign. These events occur in a chronological order, and we want to give players the chance to be there as it happens, rather than having some of it unfold off-screen or rushing it along.
But aside from the narrative, pacing content releases helps with clear direction and player focus. During PTR testing, where we had the calendar… Continue reading
The Broken Shore
Return to the Broken Shore and take the fight to the heart of the Legion’s power on Azeroth. Begin your journey in a new Scenario, and then lead the Armies of Legionfall against the demonic invasion of Azeroth.
The dynamic ebb and flow of Broken Shore will keep you on your toes as new World Quests, bosses, treasures, and a powerful demon command ship called the Sentinax make for an exciting new experience every day.
Join a region-wide, cross-faction effort to construct buildings that open new content and provide a variety of benefits to help in the fight against the Legion.
New Dungeon: The Cathedral of Eternal Night
The upper chambers of the Tomb of Sargeras were once a place of worship to Elune. Since the Legion’s invasion, fel minions have desecrated this holy place, twisting it into their own image. Now, this site will host a battle that could turn the tide of the invasion. While the Armies of Legionfall engage the fel army directly, a small group of heroes infiltrates the upper reaches of the cathedral in a desperate hope to return the Aegis of Aggramar to its resting place. Inside this new dungeon, you’ll face:
- Agronox – This ancient served the night elves priestesses of the Temple of Elune, tending the beautiful Hanging Gardens. But after the malevolence of the Legion infected the Cathedral, the guardian absorbed fel energy through his roots. Now… Continue reading